Skip to main content
- Tips for Parents
Tips for Parents
- Let your children know that you believe they can succeed.
- Point out times throughout the day when you use math.
- Be more concerned with the processes of doing math than with getting a correct answer.
- Try not to tell children how to solve the problem.
- Practice estimation with your children whenever possible.
- Provide a special place for study which is equipped with materials and good lighting.
- Don't expect that all homework will be easy.
- Practice basic facts with your children every day in a fun and creative way.
- Model persistence and pleasure with math.